Herb Garden Potato Salad
Basil, tarragon, parsley and chives add a zesty brightness to this traditional picnic standby
- Four pounds of new potatoes, halved or quartered (depending on the size)
- One 12 oz bag of frozen baby peas
- One cup of coarsely chopped fresh basil (leaves only)
- One cup of coarsely chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh chives
- Four cloves of garlic, crushed
- Six anchovy fillets
- One and 1/2 cups of mayonnaise, preferably homemade
- 1/2 cup of full-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup plus two tablespoons of white wine vinegar
- One teaspoon lemon zest
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil, add potatoes and cook just until easily pierced with a fork. Drain. While potatoes are still warm, sprinkle with 1/2 cup of vinegar and let drain in a colander.
Cook the frozen baby peas in a pot of salted water until tender. Drain and plunge into an ice bath to stop cooking. Drain again.
In a food processor, pulse herbs, mayonnaise, yogurt, anchovies, vinegar, garlic, and lemon zest until well blended.
Gently toss potatoes and peas with herbed dressing. Add salt and pepper to taste and chill for at least one hour before serving to allow the flavors to blend.